Imaginary "Play-off / Chase" results

In this you can discuss about Motocross and Supercross races. AMA and MXGP
tralhatralha

Imaginary "Play-off / Chase" results

Post by tralhatralha »

I was listening to Racer-X's podcast "Main event Moto" (ep #192) this week and Daniel Blair was just chatting about SX having something like Nascar's chase/play-off thing for Supercross in order for the championship not to be decided with a few racer earlier in the season - like it happened in some years.

Honestly Im fine with the regular points systems and I dont mind having a champion crowned one-two-or-three races before the end of the season cuz this is what it is and Its "the same for everybody". Its fair.
BUT... I also like to imagine these things just for fun. Following some of the suggestions on the podcast, I think Im going to save and update here this imaginary play-offs. Feel free to play with it and use a different points systems. I update my points as the season goes and you update yours with your points systems, ok?. I'll be using the most simple one cuz its tighter and Im not that good with huge numbers! hahah

I think I could do this in my personal social media... but I dont have one. Bleh
So, here we go. Hope it is ok for the mods!

tralhatralha

Re: Imaginary "Play-off / Chase" results

Post by tralhatralha »

With Top10 from Regular Season
...so no Chase Sexton =/

ATL1- tomac10 webb9 anderson8 ferrandis7 ap6 musquin5 savatgy4 roczen3 barcia2 stewart1
ATL2- tomac17 anderson17 webb15 roczen13 barcia10 ap10 musquin10 ferrandis9 savatgy7 stewart2
ATL3- tomac25 webb25 roczen22 anderson19 ap17 barcia16 musquin13 ferrandis13 savatgy8 stewart7

(updates after each round to see if the results would be the same as the official SX championship)
Points are just 10, 9, 8, 7... 1

------------
update April 18: Im not a big fan of this format but hey... I have literally nothing better to do right now... LoL
So... I will also be counting another point systems model for the last 2 rounds, but in this one its following Nascar's model.
In this second model, For SLC1 only the top5 continues in this "Chase/Play-offs" silly thing. (tomar, webb, roczen, anderson, ap). They are all back to zero points in this phase. And then For SLC2 (Big Finale) only the top3 can fight for the title.

This is so stupid hahah

=======
Model 1: Last Two Rounds (points standings. 2 races remaining)
SLC1- webb34 tomac28 roczen28 anderson24 musquin23 ap21 ferrandis20 barcia17 stewart15 savatgy10

Model 2: Penultimate Round (only top3 in SLC1 advances)
- tomac, webb, roczen, anderson, ap
Advances to the Finale: webb, roczen, anderson

Actual Championship: (for compairision. 2 races remaining)
- webb362, roczen340, tomac312

------------
Interesting. Only Webb and Roczen can win the title in the regular mode.
In Model 1 webb, tomac and roczen have a shot while in Model 2 webb, roczen and anderson can win the title!

-------
Out of curiosity I also counted how the points would be right now if the whole season had that simples point systems of 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 for the top10 and it would be very similar to the current points, with webb needing like, just "one more point" in order to win the championship.
- webb 134, roczen 125, tomac 103, barcia 84