General Thoughts on GlobalSX?

In this you can discuss about Motocross and Supercross races. AMA and MXGP
tralhatralha

General Thoughts on GlobalSX?

Post by tralhatralha »

Congrats to the guys for putting out a championship kinda "out of nothing", which is crazy. Also, what a GREAT improvement on the broadcast for the second round. The race in UK was just terrible... but forgiveable because "it was their first time". Just go away with that nose camera haha Its terrible.

However Im still not so convinced this will get momentum the way they wish... I mean, I understand it was a pilot season but I HOPE they learn that making an international copy+paste version of american supercross is just pointless.
As a fan, I think I would suggest things like

- Get 2 stroke bikes ffs!! Its what people miss about the sport. Is what most of the fans WANT to see racing somewhere. Just get them! The teams are not ACTUAL manufacturer teams, so they can get these bikes to the championship!
- I'd open space for one or two electric bike teams to compete. Im a big fan of the tech, and with 2 strokes on the track, I would mind having 2 or 4 eBikes around. That would be a fun mix IMO
- They have big cash to pay the teams and riders, right? They should move away from US retired guys and get all of the National MX champions from all over the world! Colombia, Nigeria, Canada, Portugal, New Zealand, Marrocos, Chile... u'know? Get an international grid! That would be so rad!

I guess thats it. I mean, it'd be what I require to start following this with a passion. If 2023 is just a repeat of 2022 with a 6 or 7 round calendar, I guess Im not actually watching it... because American SX is where my interest is right now haha

What bout u? CHeers!

Cowgirl
Site Admin

Re: General Thoughts on GlobalSX?

Post by Cowgirl »

There is a lot they can approve, that is for sure :)
Better tracks, better cameramen (the onboard footage lol), I also dont rly like she short races.... aaand we need more heavy hitters at the gate!

But in the end its always good to have more races in the offseason :)